Security Policy and Privacy
Welcome to the global information network of Ocean Affairs Council . The Ocean Affairs Council (hereinafter OAC) respects and protects the security and privacy when you facilitating the internet. In order to help you understand how the OAC information network works on the issue, ie., securing your safety of using our website, and collecting, referencing and protecting your personal information, we urge you to read through carefully our [Privacy and Security Policy]. Any comments or opinions, please write to the OAC by email.
Network safety and protection measures
Unauthorized uploading or altering the services and information provided by OAC are prohibited and against the law.
For the safety of our website and to make sure that this service is available for all network users, OAC website has adopted the following safety measures:
- Using a detecting system for any network invasion, monitoring and controlling the flow so as to block the malicious behaviors of un-authorized uploads, alteration, or hackers.
- Installing a firewall to prevent illegal invasion, alteration, or stealing of information. We also protect our website from being illegally used to guarantee users' rights.
- Installing virus scan software to scan virus regularly so as to offer our users a safer environment for browsing.
- Periodically conducting virtual hacker simulation to train our reactions and reporting procedures when security is breached, calling for proper defense action.
- Making back-up files on a daily basis to save all information in the server.
- Automatically receiving the email messages from work station suppliers or application suppliers, and following the suggestions of the email messages to install proper PATCH.